- Favorable Summary Judgment Ruling
- Attorneys Secure Unanimous Defense Verdict
- Attorney Seeks District Court Judge Position
- Shareholder Appointed to District Court Seat
- Municipal Liability Case Success Story
Attorneys Secure Unanimous Defense Verdict
March 28, 2018: Moulton Bellingham secured a unanimous defense verdict after less than 20 minutes of jury deliberation in a case called Christman v. Clause. Than and Tina Christman purchased a manufactured home from the firm’s clients, Roy and Betty Clause, but were unable to keep up with their payments and consequently abandoned their home. More than a year after doing so, the Christmans sued the Clauses alleging violations of Montana’s Uniform Commercial Code. Partner Christopher Sweeney and associate Peter Damrow successfully argued to the jury that the Christmans’ actions in walking away from the home terminated the underlying contract, and any further application of the UCC. Trial lasted three days.