- Favorable Summary Judgment Ruling
- Moulton Bellingham Attorneys Secure Unanimous Defense Verdict
- Attorney Seeks District Court Judge Position
- Shareholder Appointed to District Court Seat
- Municipal Liability Case Success Story
Favorable Summary Judgment Ruling
March 21, 2018: Moulton Bellingham obtained summary judgment in its client’s favor dismissing all claims against it in a secured transactions/contract dispute case called Kapor v. RJC Investment, Inc. Deniege Kapor purchased a manufactured home from the firm’s client, RJC Investment, Inc., but was unable to keep up with her payments so she abandoned the home a few years later. Kapor sued RJC for failing to provide her notice before the home was being resold. The State District Court for Yellowstone County rejected Kapor’s claims and granted summary judgment to RJC for many reasons, primarily because a release Kapor signed when she abandoned the mobile home terminated the contract along with any further obligations of RJC. Partner Christopher Sweeney and associate Peter Damrow handled the defense.