Moulton Bellingham is always looking for talented lawyers, including recent graduates of law school, to supplement the firm’s current legal staff.
Legal Assistant - Estate Planning and Corporate
Founded at the turn of century, the firm that is now Moulton Bellingham PC was one of the first law firms established in Montana. The firm has earned a reputation for superior legal representation, combining time-honored characteristics of devotion to its clients, careful analysis, and practical legal counsel. Commitment to these principles has attracted a diverse client base that includes a significant portion of the region’s most successful entrepreneurs, business and community leaders, agriculture operations, and corporations. The firm is proud to provide the individual attention, conscientious service, and steadfast dedication necessary to earn the allegiance of its clients.
To be considered for the position, all interested candidates must submit 1) a cover letter; 2) a current resume; and 3) three unrelated professional references.
Criteria: Core Competencies:
• Organizing and Planning – Strong organizing, planning, and multi-tasking skills that allow an individual to be highly productive and efficient. Ability to shift priorities and pivot to other projects when necessary.
• Relationship Building/Team Player – Establishes and maintains productive relationships; team oriented.
• Functional/Technical Expertise – Quickly learns and understands necessary information, processes, and procedures to carry out job responsibilities.
• High Standards – Exceptional quality in work product and must have an eye for details.
• Driven - Be self-motivated and have a desire to be innovative in position to create higher efficiencies in work-flows.
• Computer Skills – Strong computer skills across various software platforms, including Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, NetDocuments, Teams, Zoom, Adobe E-Sign, DocuSign, cloud-based project management tools.
• Oral/Written Communication – Recognizes the essential value of continuous information exchange, both orally and in written form within the firm and with clients.
• Independent Problem Solving and Decision Making – Proactively takes actions and identifies problems, exercises strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills to arrive at solutions, acts decisively, and shows good judgment.
• Confidentiality – Ability to maintain confidentiality on all matters.
• Prepare, revise and format legal documents and correspondence using various software platforms and according to instructions; proofread documents/correspondence for content, spelling, grammar, language usage and punctuation and put into final form.
• Prepare documents and applicable fees for filing (including electronic filing) as needed and according to instructions. File documents with state courts and other agencies.
• Manage incoming and outgoing communications (i.e., emails, calls, mail, faxes).
• Maintain and manage attorney calendars, deadlines, conferences, teleconferences, other meetings as requested.
• Manage the client intake processes, including conflict searches, draft engagement letters and open new files.
• Support attorneys, including acting as a primary point of contact for clients, managing correspondence with clients.
• Prepare client files for meetings including preparing notes for attorney prior to and following up to closing meetings.
• Assist as needed with all projects, overflow work, administrative work and other duties as required to support and aid in the workloads of attorneys, paralegals, peers, and other colleagues throughout the firm.
• 2 – 5 years (or more) legal experience as an estate planning, corporate, or transactional legal assistant, mergers and acquisitions and real estate experience a plus.
• An associate or bachelor degree.
• Strong competency in Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat DC.
• Skill in typing at 70 + WPM with a high rate of accuracy.
• A pre-employment criminal background check, credit bureau report, and social media/internet search will be completed.
• $16 – 30 per hour DOE
• Health Insurance
• Vision Insurance
• Dental Insurance
• Flexible Spending Account
• Health Savings Account
• 401(k) matching
• Professional development assistance
• Longevity Bonus
Applicants, please send application materials:
Via email: Cole Derks
Post Date: 02-15-2022