- 2021 Successful Jury Verdict in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Fagan Assists in Drafting Amendments to Wrongful Discharge Act and Getting Bill Signed into Law
- Moulton Bellingham Welcomes a New Shareholder and a New Associate
- Moulton Bellingham Obtains Dismissal in One Week of Two Municipal Liability Cases
- Moulton Bellingham Welcomes Two New Associates
- Moulton Bellingham Attorneys Recognized by The Best Lawyers in America
- Jury Trial Victory in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Summary Judgment in Claim Alleging Inverse Condemnation
- Appellate Victory Establishing New Law on Judicial Estoppel
- Doug James Practitioner Profile in July 2019 Bankruptcy Newsletter
2021 Successful Jury Verdict in Wrongful Discharge Case
Shareholders Gerry Fagan and Afton Ball obtained a quick jury verdict in favor of their clients in a wrongful discharge case tried in Sidney, Montana in April, 2021. The case involved a former police officer for the City of Sidney who sued for wrongful discharge. The City had concluded that the officer continually failed to utilize proper officer safety practices, even after extended field training and a remedial training period. The officer contended the City’s reason was pretextual and also that the City had failed to follow its employment policies. Following a four day trial, the jury deliberated less than two hours, including lunch. The jury voted 12-0 in favor of the City.
For Fagan, this was his second successful jury verdict in a wrongful discharge case in less than seven months.