AttorneyGerry P. Fagan
Our philosophy is simple - to assure client satisfaction by providing the highest level of legal representation and service.
Articles by Gerry P. Fagan
- How to Legally Prevent Competition Through Covenants Not to Compete
- The Use of Your Business Information by Former Employees
Gerry P. Fagan in the News
- Appellate Victory Establishing New Law on Judicial Estoppel
- City of Miles City Summary Judgment Verdict
- Great Run of Success in Municipal Liability Cases
- Jury Trial Victory in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Moulton Bellingham Obtains Dismissal in One Week of Two Municipal Liability Cases
- Summary Judgment in Claim Alleging Inverse Condemnation
- Trial Victory for Contractor in $6.5 Million Construction Lawsuit
He is an experienced trial litigator. Gerry has tried to successful jury verdicts a variety of cases, including bad faith, personal injury, product liability and commercial claims. In 2015, Gerry's clients prevailed in two separate jury trials.
Gerry has been honored as a "Super Lawyer" since 2013 in the category of product liability defense. He is AV-rated by Martindale Hubbell. Gerry has been listed in Best Lawyers since 2012 in the categories of commercial litigation, insurance law, and personal injury litigation-defendants. Best Lawyers selected Gerry as the 2016 Insurance Lawyer of the Year for the Billings area.
Gerry Fagan was born in Butte, Montana, and was raised in Billings. He received a B.A. degree in Business Finance, with a minor in Economics, from Montana State University. He received his J.D. degree, with Honors, from the University of Montana in May, 1998. He was a staff member of the Montana Law Review in 1996-1997, and an Articles Editor in 1997-1998. Gerry joined Moulton Bellingham in the fall of 1998, and he became a shareholder in 2006. Gerry is also a past-President for the Yellowstone Area Bar Association, one of the largest local bar associations in Montana.
Gerry is married to Sherry, a Miles City native and a former local attorney and accountant. They enjoy raising their three children, Sam, Jake, and Amanda. In the few spare minutes he has, Gerry enjoys golfing, hiking, reading, and rooting for the Green Bay Packers. Gerry became a proud shareholder in the Packers in 2011, acquiring a 1/5,000,000 non-profit-participating stake in the team.
- Appellate Practice
- Civil Litigation
- Electronic Discovery/Records Retention
- Insurance/Financial Services
- Medical Malpractice Defense
- Personal Injury
- Products Liability
- Workers Compensation
- State of Montana District Courts
State of Montana Supreme Court
U.S. District Courts, Montana
- Ninth Circuit Appellate Courts
- B.A., Business Finance, Minor in Economics, Montana State University
- J.D., with Honors, University of Montana, 1998
Awards And Honors
- Listed in Mountain States Super Lawyers since 2013
Past Staff Member, University of Montana Law Review, 1996-1997
Past Articles Editor, University of Montana Law Review, 1997-1998
- Listed in Best Lawyers since 2012
Community And Professional Involvement
- Yellowstone County Bar Association, Board of Directors
- Yellowstone County Bar Association, President, 2012-2013