- Moulton Bellingham Announces Retirements
- Super Lawyers' Top 100 Lawyers in Montana
- FBI Bestows National Award on Anti-Trafficking Task Force Co-Founded by Moulton Attorney Stephanie Baucus
- Second Appellate Victory in 2022
- Appellate Victory with Important State-Wide Implications for Municipal Liability
- 2021 Successful Jury Verdict in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Fagan Assists in Drafting Amendments to Wrongful Discharge Act and Getting Bill Signed into Law
- Moulton Bellingham Obtains Dismissal in One Week of Two Municipal Liability Cases
- Jury Trial Victory in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Summary Judgment in Claim Alleging Inverse Condemnation
2021 Successful Jury Verdict in Wrongful Discharge Case
Shareholders Gerry Fagan and Afton Ball obtained a quick jury verdict in favor of their clients in a wrongful discharge case tried in Sidney, Montana in April, 2021. The case involved a former police officer for the City of Sidney who sued for wrongful discharge. The City had concluded that the officer continually failed to utilize proper officer safety practices, even after extended field training and a remedial training period. The officer contended the City’s reason was pretextual and also that the City had failed to follow its employment policies. Following a four day trial, the jury deliberated less than two hours, including lunch. The jury voted 12-0 in favor of the City.
For Fagan, this was his second successful jury verdict in a wrongful discharge case in less than seven months.