- Moulton Bellingham Announces Retirements
- Super Lawyers' Top 100 Lawyers in Montana
- FBI Bestows National Award on Anti-Trafficking Task Force Co-Founded by Moulton Attorney Stephanie Baucus
- Second Appellate Victory in 2022
- Appellate Victory with Important State-Wide Implications for Municipal Liability
- 2021 Successful Jury Verdict in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Fagan Assists in Drafting Amendments to Wrongful Discharge Act and Getting Bill Signed into Law
- Moulton Bellingham Obtains Dismissal in One Week of Two Municipal Liability Cases
- Jury Trial Victory in Wrongful Discharge Case
- Summary Judgment in Claim Alleging Inverse Condemnation
Moulton Bellingham Announces Retirements
Moulton Bellingham is honored to announce shareholders Doug James and Thomas E. Smith have gone “Of Counsel” effective January 1, 2024.
Doug was born in Great Falls in 1957. He received his undergraduate degree from Southern Methodist University and law degree from the University of Montana before beginning his career at the Montana State Auditor’s Office.
Tom was born in Billings in 1959. He received both his undergraduate and law degree from Gonzaga University (where he became a rabid fan of Zags basketball) and spent time studying abroad in Florence, Italy.
Both Tom and Doug began their careers at Moulton Bellingham in 1984 as young associates working for legendary old-school Montana lawyers like Fred Moulton, Bill Bellingham, Bud Longo and Bill Mather. Over the next forty years, they became legends themselves. Doug is a premier creditor rights attorney in Montana while Tom developed into one of the foremost real property experts in the State. Both have been recognized by innumerable industry groups for their expertise and high ethical standards.
Yet somehow during these illustrious careers, they still found time to run a successful law firm, mentor countless new attorneys, give back to their communities, and raise wonderful families.
We are grateful that both Tom and Doug will remain an important part of the Firm as "Of Counsel" so that their experience and expertise will continue to be accessible to the next generation of lawyers and clients.
Moulton Bellingham thanks Tom and Doug for all that they have done for the Firm, its clients, and the community over the past four decades. We hope they both enjoy the next chapter in their lives and the extra time they will have to spend with their beautiful wives and exceptional grandchildren.